On behalf of the Board of the Cimarron Alliance Equality Center, I am pleased to invite you to make nominations for 2014 LGBT History Month honorees.
These awards, which will be conferred at the LGBT History Month Gala on Friday, October 24, recognize heroes and leaders in the fight for equality in and for our community.
Individuals may nominate candidates for any or all of the following awards:
• Cimarron Alliance Volunteer of the Year—This honor goes to an individual who has given tremendous support to the Cimarron Alliance Equality Center as a volunteer.
• Community Ally—This honor is bestowed upon an individual, couple, family, or organization who is supportive of the efforts of Cimarron Alliance and dedicated to equality for everyone.
• Horizon—This award recognizes an emerging leader within the LGBT community; one who has shown dedication to equality and demonstrated leadership skills.
• Legislator of the Year—This honor is given to an elected official at any level of government who has demonstrated a true commitment to LGBT equality.
• Media—This honor is bestowed upon an individual reporter, publication, news broadcast, or news organization who has demonstrated fair reporting on LGBT issues.
• Torch—This award is reserved for a person who is an exemplary representative of the LGBT community; one who allows the light of equality to shine in her or his words, actions, and interactions with others.
• Lifetime Achievement—This is the highest honor bestowed on an individual who works within and/or on behalf of equality for LGBT Oklahomans. Care should be taken in this nomination to include long-term examples of support for our community.
Nominations should include the name of the nominee, the name of the specific award, and a statement of approximately two-hundred words describing the reasons why the nominee should be considered for this award. Please note that previous honorees are not eligible to be nominated in the category in which they were honored.
Nominations may be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered to the Cimarron Alliance Equality Center (5613 N. May Ave., Ste. 400, Oklahoma City, OK 73112).
Nominations must be received by Saturday, August 30.
Thank you so much for your thoughtful nomination!
For a fair and just Oklahoma
Scott J. Hamilton